Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fibonacci Poetry

Fibonacci Poems


0, 0+1=1, 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, 3+5=8, 5+8=13, 8+13=21, 13+21=34

0,1,2,3,5,13,21,34 etc

So my idea is to count each line as the equation that leads to the next number.

So the first line has one syllable, the next line has that syllable plus the one more to make two.

The next line has the last syllable from the previous line plus two more.

Then you take the last two syllables from that line and then add to it the three from the next number.

Here is an example:

0

1 Weep

1,1 Weep not

1,2 Not for me

2,3 For me the day shines

3,5 The day shines in bright golden hues

5,8 In bright golden hues the flowers bend to kiss the sun

8,13 The flowers bend to kiss the sun while my heart wanders toward you in the twice-blessed meadow.

13,21 While my heart wanders toward you in the twice-blessed meadow that cradles your body in foreign soil my soul yearns for a heavenly reunion.

The traditional Fibonacci Poem (or Fib, which is its slang name) is almost like a hiaku. Each line is the syllables of the next number. For example.

0
1 Peace
1 rolls
2 through me
3 when you smile.
5 My bare skin tingles
8 with the brush of your loving touch.


1 comment:

Kaitlin Hakes said...

That was really cool. I like that idea, and your poem was beatiful!