Friday, January 18, 2008

Live to write

In all my stories I have a general idea of where I want my characters to go. I have the outline basically in my head or if it's too complicated I actually will make a written outline. Here is where the magic happens watching my characters come to life on the paper. Character 'A' needs to get from home to point 'B' where he meets Character 'B'. But the fun is watching them react, interact and converse. Most of the time I'm not sure what they are going to do until I start to type it and then they may take a little jog I wasn't anticipating or someone who was bad in my mind turns out to only be quirky once I get them on paper. I love to write and if no one ever reads anything I write it will not matter to me in the least because I enjoy reading it and am in ecstasies writing it. Today I got down 1270 words on the sequel to the epic fantasy/sf novel. Way to go me!

No comments: