Monday, January 28, 2008

Long Hand

With five people in my household ranging in age from 13 to 52 getting computer time becomes an exercise in patience. I have promised myself if I ever make any money at my writing it will go toward a lap top of my very own. Today the story was fairly bursting from my fingertips. I decided to write the old fashioned way; longhand. My daughter asked me what that meant. She said writing doesn't make your hands long so it makes no sense. Irregardless, I felt very good about my effort I got over 1300 words written in the sequel. I am muddling over a scene in the main novel so it once again has stalled me in that effort. Like my children each of the works begs for attention but some are just more vocal than others and doing much more interesting things so admittedly they are the ones that get the most attention from me.
Our Book Club read 'Little Women' this month, I am wracking my brain to remember if I read it before. I know I read 'Little Men' within the last ten years. I only read the first half before the meeting but was so enthralled that I finished it this week. What a delightful story. It was wonderful; great characters and highly moral. I can't recommend it enough as a reread or discover it for the first time.
My mother-in-law loved words and I found a million dollar one Louisa May Alcott uses: philoprovenitiveness which means-love of children.
Yes, I'm writing this in the middle of the night because all my competitors are in bed. So good night.

No comments: