Thursday, January 24, 2008

Signs and Omens

I often doubt my own right to write. I wonder if the projects I am doing are worthwhile. Then something happens call it coincidence, call it providence, I call it divine affirmation.
The sequel to my main novel has crept into my conscience and begged for me to give it voice. I started writing and 20 pages or so into it the doubt crept in. Then miraculously I am asked to give a Sunday School lesson on the theme of this sequel. Then a friend calls and asks me to come over. I thought we were going to discuss an adult literacy program she wanted to start. Instead she tells me she is thinking of writing a book. She used to work for a publishing company and did a lot of promotional things for them, so the publishing and promotional part is no problem but she just needs a muse and I'm it. It's another answer to a prayer now I have no excuses. The doors are open I just need to walk through. Now she has got me entering contests and looking at submitting stories for magazines. The ball is rolling I just need to try to keep up. Wheee!!!

No comments: